After many controversies, Final Fantasy XV’s Chapter 13 will be arriving on March 28. But before that, it seems Square Enix have decided to drop in an update on the chapter, earlier than expected.
The patch comes at a size of 5.6 GB and is available now for download. It consists of two updates, Version 1.06 and Version 1.07. The 1.06 version contains the bulk of new content and chapter 13 tweaks, while the 1.07 version has minor bug fixes.
So, here is a rundown on the patch notes.
- Various bug fixes
- Addition of Chapter 13, Verse 2 (alternate route featuring Gladiolus).
- Enhancement of Arcana spells (Alterna, Holy, Death).
- Announcement of winning snapshots from first photo contest (viewable at Takka’s Pit Stop in Hammerhead).
- Temporary conclusion of Timed Quests (will resume at a later date).
- Addition of two pieces from Episode Gladiolus downloadable content to music player tracklist.
- Addition of compatibility with Episode Gladiolus downloadable content.
- Various gameplay enhancements.
- Various bug fixes.
- Updated saves will not work on former versions of the game.
What remains to be seen, is if this update will fix the game’s distincitve story issues. There is no denying, that Square Enix is working to make changes happen and to provide total support, post the game’s launch.